And yes it is still free.
I’m pretty flat out organizing my trip, but I couldn’t pass up shouting out the second release candidate for activeCollab, which I blogged about previously – Move Over Basecamp – Here comes activeCollab.
Release candidate 1 was a success: 10 – 20 bugs found and fixed including:
* RSS does not work on CGI installations of PHP
* Activity log not updating
* Data assigned to Anyone should be displayed to every user on the project (on My tasks page and in iCalendar feeds)
* Double mailing on new comment
* Search string not cleaned up And more.
This is great news for those wanting a Basecamp product, but unwilling to pay for the privilege. activeCollab shows it can be done, I’d encourage you to test it out if you have a server, or try installing on you local machine, using these instructions.