I wish I was artistic, sometimes the medium used conveys a message better than words. Franke James has said it better than I could. Check out the visual essay here.
She ends the post with the following plea:
If you’re a Canadian reading this, here’s the action plan from CLIMATE ACTION NETWORK CANADA:
- Take action to make sure your federal elected official:
a) Signs the Kyoto Plus Pledge For Elected Officials
b) Supports and implements the Climate Change Accountability Act
The Climate Change Accountability Act is currently moving through Parliament. The bill asks Canada to commit to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by 2050 and define Canada’s approach to climate change moving into the climate treaty negotiations in Copenhagen.
Contact Your Federal MP: You can find your Member of Parliament using your postal code
- Educate your friends, colleagues and co-workers about the need to take action on climate change NOW!
- Attend events in your area hosted by CAN member groups. Also check outThe World Wants a Real Deal
- Contact CAN members to find out more ways to get involved
- Sign the petition at kyotoplus.ca
It will be interesting to see where Canada ends up with the whole Copenhagen meeting.