Several years ago, we were involved in petitioning Castlegar City Council for the right to have chickens and goats. We’ve now moved to Revelstoke, but you can find links to all the articles written here, from the original letter to Council and all correspondence forward.
We put forward a letter to Council outlining a proposal for the City to amend it’s Animal Control and Zoning bylaws to permit hens and miniature goats within the City.
We still believe this is one way that the City of Castlegar can move towards sustainable food security, urban agriculture and weed management.
Click the links below to access the blog posts related to this story.
- Goats on the Front Line of Weed Control
- Miniature Cows for Urban Farms
- No Kidding – Goats in the Castlegar Current
- Goat Talk About Town
- Goats and Chickens on the Agenda in Castlegar
- The Case for Urban Chickens and Goats
- Locavore? Not Likely… Yet…
- Urban Farming in the News
- Local Food Security
- Pigs in the Orchard
- Miniature Goats Allowed on Seattle’s Urban Farms
- A Letter to the City of Castlegar