Just a quick newsletter this month. It’s been a bit slow around here on the blogging front, but that should pick up over the next week or two. We’ve got some more Engineering content coming up too, I’ve been busy focusing on local issues such as bears and food security over the past month.
We’re pretty busy again this month, after a fun Thanksgiving weekend, we’re now well into the fall weather, with a dusting of snow on many of the peaks surrounding us.
- Mike is preparing for his Professional Practice Exam (as he writes this 🙂 ) to become registered as a Professional Engineer in BC.
- Robyn and Mike are heading away for a couple of nights up to New Denver, on Slocan Lake.
- Eryn May, our friend from Australia is coming to visit.
- We are preparing our garden and house for winter.
I’ve been going through my pile of goods, presents and prizes, and realized that soon I’ll actually have some time to get stuck into reading and watching some of these.
- Planet Earth 5 DVD boxed set- courtesy of GroovyGreen
- The Art of the Start – courtesy of Guy Kawasaki
- Food Not Lawns – Part of my birthday present
- Permaculture ~ Principles & Pathways Beyond Sustainability – Part of my birthday present
After having read not much other than Law and Ethics books, as well as watching some 16 hours of videos, I’m looking forward to some content of my choosing!
I also have some room for anyone wanting to “guest post” on the blog. If you’ve been wanting to share your thoughts and knowledge of things Engineering, Design, Sustainability and Urban Planning.
As usual, feel free to contact us with any suggestions or questions, and feel free to pass this newsletter onto anyone who might be interested. Don’t forget to check out some of our favorite posts and photos…
Some of our “locavore” produce…
Some of the pears and apples picked with Chrissy the Bear Aware Coordinator here in Castlegar…
More photos over at Zooomr too, as always.